Transition to Sixth Form
- From Year 10 onwards, classes use the ICT suite which is located in the Sixth Form area, this familiarises them with the environment.
- Key Stage 4 classrooms are situated close to the Sixth Form area which symbolises a ‘journey’ through the school.
- During careers lessons, there are presentations on the Sixth Form and regular visits to the common room and Sixth Form area.
- Pupils may have further transition opportunities such as spending an afternoon, breaktime etc. in the Sixth Form if this is deemed beneficial.
- The last weeks of the summer term follow a structured Transitions timetable after the formal Key Stage 4 leaving date for those who are moving on to Sixth Form.
- A regular feature of Celebration Assemblies shows a collection of photos ‘What have the Sixth Form done this week?’ – this showcases our work to the whole school.
Transition to College
- Annual college visits from Year 11 – some include a mix of year groups.
- Support to make applications.
- Arrangements made for students and parents to visit on an individual basis.
- 1:1 and small group supported transition visits as required.
- Information shared on Open Days, workshops, activity days and encouragement to have as much access and exposure to college as necessary.
Transition to Adult Services
- Support with referrals to Adult Services or transition from Children’s Services – this is done through the EHCP process.
- Close liaison with parents and Adult Services.
- Links with local Day Services such as Hastings Centre – group visits, former students, School Fayres, community links.
- Individual supported transitions and assessment sessions.
- Staff from the new setting visit school to observe and share information.
- Holiday clubs and groups support transition.
Tel: 01427 619360